LAST CALL FOR REGISTRATION
Many clerks will no doubt be aware of the BSB’s new risk-based approach to supervision; all Chambers were required to complete an Impact Audit Survey in May 2014 and some were then asked to complete a Supervision Return by September 2014. An even smaller number of Chambers were involved in a programme of pilot visits during the course of 2014.
This session will be run by the BSB’s Supervision Department and will seek to explain all of the above processes and what supervision will mean in practice for Chambers and clerks. The session will cover the following:
- An overview of risk-based supervision
- An explanation of next steps following the Supervision Return process
- Discussion of the pilot visit programme
- Pointers on what to expect if your chambers is involved in a supervision visit
- Common themes from early supervision that Chambers should consider and address.
Following a presentation there will be ample time for questions and discussion.
This Seminar will take place on Tuesday 24 February, at 6pm at the Bar Council offices in London. Access to this event is free for members of the IBC and £30 for non-members.
If you wish to attend and you are a member of the IBC, please email the
Events and Administration Co-ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not a member of the IBC and you wish to attend, please send a cheque for £30 per person, made payable to the IBC, to:
The Institute of Barristers’ Clerks
289-293 High Holborn, London WC1V 7HZ, DX: 240 LDE.