The Bar Council Family Career Breaks Seminar
Friday 20 March 2015
The Bar Council is holding a new refreshed career breaks seminar on 20 March 2015. A central element of this event is shared learning with tips from parents at the Bar and clerks with expertise in good practice.
This course is aimed at:
- Barristers before taking a Career Break to have a family (for women considering maternity leave or prospective adoptive parents)
- Barristers during and after a career break (for women on maternity leave or adoptive parents and male primary carers)
- Clerks and practice managers interested in ensuring chambers’ practices support barrister parents and those who want to ensure compliance with BSB rules, and
- EDOs wishing to support colleagues.
The programme will include advice on:
- Negotiating your exit/return with Clerks/Chambers
- Putting your practice to bed/re-starting your practice: managing your clients; complying with the BSB and managing CPD
- Planning childcare
- Sources of support for parents at the Bar
- Financial planning, and
- Exploring alternative career options on return.
The seminar will be held at 7 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4BS,
from 09:45 to 13:00.
There will be a nominal charge for attendance on this course
Online booking for family career breaks – https://thebarcouncil.sym-online.com/registrationforms/managingcareerbreaks/
Special Offer: IBC members can pay the £15 BRF rate.
CPD hours are currently being sought.
If you are interested in attending this event please contact:
Bianca Lee: BLee@BarCouncil.org.uk