1 Crown Office Row, Brighton currently requires a full time Junior Clerk to assist the clerking team in chambers. Competitive salary and performance-related bonus together with 20 days holiday allotment (plus Bank holidays). There will be a 6 months probation period.
Salary will be £14,500. 20 days holiday and bank holidays. There is a performance related bonus scheme.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and dispatching the DX and Post;
- taking/collecting document to/from Court;
- photocopying and scanning documents;
- moving and distribution papers around Chambers;
- ensuring business machines are in good working order and ready for use;
- assisiting with the secure collection of all confidential waste;
- participating in marketing events;
- undertaking any other tasks reasonably delegated by the Chambers Director and Senior Clerk
You should work in an efficient professional manner, have a good standard of education, with at least 5 GCSEs, grades A – C, which must include Maths and English, and proven communication skills.
It is essential that you are computer literate.
You should have the ability to work under pressure, demonstrate enthusiasm, commitment and have a forward looking attitude.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, outlining your suitability for the position to David Bingham (Senior Clerk) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chambers operates an Equality & Diversity Policy therefore applications are welcomed from any qualified candidate and will be judged on merit alone.
If you would like a full job description please email email@example.com.