STAPLE INN Chambers is seeking to recruit a Junior Barristers’ Clerk with some office management responsibilities for our friendly common law set. The successful applicant will be part of a small team, will work closely with other clerks and barristers and will gain experience of all aspects of clerking and chambers management. The position offers career advancement opportunities to the right candidate.
The Candidate: The successful candidate must be adaptable, able to manage their time and work load effectively and work well under pressure. Good interpersonal and IT skills, including the ability to run ledgers and operate word, excel and outlook, are a necessity.
Experience of working with the Meridian system is desirable but not essential.
The role will include but not be limited to:
- Day to day and pro-active diary management: taking bookings, entering accurate and detailed information into diaries, chasing instructions on a timely basis, distributing papers, updating and uploading brief details and case papers to the meridian system, keeping members pro-actively informed about their diaries, monitoring Court lists
- Opening post and DX, monitoring and re-directing e-mail enquiries, answering telephones
- General Clerking Duties: Assisting in any clerking duties, running errands and undertake additional duties as requested by clerks or members of chambers
- Client care: maintaining high standards of care, communication and administration in all dealings and cultivating good working relationships with clients and barristers
- General office management: Administrative duties including updating, developing, maintaining and entering information into financial spreadsheets and ledgers, management of consumables and external services contracts and internal compliance monitoring
- Share early and late shifts, so that Clerks room is open between 8.45 am and 6.15pm.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and a covering letter by email to the Chambers Management Board at Manbd@stapleinn.co.uk . This is an immediate vacancy. Early application is advised.
References will be requested and checked.
Staple Inn Chambers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people from all sections of society regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.