Renowned for being at the forefront of civil and commercial litigation, we are recruiting a Junior Clerk.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, legal environment. An entry level role, but nonetheless a high-profile one, where you will be an ambassador for Chambers, spending time with barristers, their clients, and at court.
To be considered for this role, you must:
* possess a strong academic record (A levels minimum, or equivalent);
* have excellent communication skills; be confident and articulate;
* be highly motivated, organised and able to demonstrate your initiative;
* be a good multi-tasker, sometimes in highly pressurised situations;
Previous experience working in a professional legal environment (e.g. in chambers, in a law firm or in the court service) is desirable, but not essential.
What the role entails
* printing and assembly of bundles (and other documents) for members;
* transporting of papers and books, by trolley (sometimes large volumes) to and from court and tribunals (electric/stair climbing trolleys are provided);
* lodging authorities and skeleton arguments to the courts and tribunals. Court work will also involve arranging for orders to be sealed;
* monitoring and handling the receipt and return of case files to Solicitors;
A scenario question
You are required to collect files from court, at the end of the day. Just as you are about to leave, at 4pm, another senior barrister member calls the Junior Clerks’ room, with an “urgent request for printing.” How might you deal with this, and what would be your considerations? Please tell us in no more than 100 words in your cover letter.
Offering a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, and additional benefits following a successful probationary period, this is where you can start a very exciting career where Chambers’ aspires to develop its team to become first-class operators, while retaining a very down to earth and friendly attitude in which to work.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining the response to the scenario question posed, and why you are applying for the role. Closing date for applications is 10am on Monday 14th January 2019. No agencies please.
We are an equal opportunities employer
For more information on Fountain Court Chambers, please visit www.fountaincourt.co.uk