12KBW is a long-established civil set of chambers which has a well-deserved and consistent reputation for excellence. Our core practice areas include personal injury, employment and discrimination, international and travel, industrial disease, insurance, clinical negligence, product liability, professional negligence and costs.
Chambers are looking for a Junior Clerk to assist and work within the clerking team.
The successful candidate is someone that can work well under pressure, keen to learn, develop and progress in the career as a Barristers Clerk.
Applicant will have the following:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including Mathematics and English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A working knowledge of Equality and Diversity code in respect of clerking members of chambers;
- A focus on excellent client care with a professional and service-oriented approach;
- Strong initiative and willingness to work in a pressurised environment;
- Team ethic with significant ambition to learn and progress career.
- Delivering papers to and from court;
- Collecting papers from around chambers and distributing accordingly;
- Returning papers to solicitors;
- Updating records on to Lex;
- Handling and dealing with general enquiries;
- Administrative tasks including DX, post and stationary monitoring;
- Assisting the more senior clerks with tasks, as required.
If you would like further information in regard to this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact our Director of Clerking, Oliver Parkhouse: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to the email above.