One Essex Court is a leading set of barristers’ chambers specialising in commercial litigation and arbitration. Chambers consists of over 100 barristers including 42 Queens Counsel. They are looking to expand their team of Junior Clerks. The role will include general office duties, document production and transporting large amounts of trial paperwork to and from Court. Previous experience desirable but not essential. Applicants must be willing to work within a 4-5 day rota system including some late evenings and early mornings.
- Lodging of documents, accompanying members to court, delivery of papers to and from Court
- Collection and delivery of post from DX and by hand deliveries
- Photocopying and bundling.
- Efficient management and distribution of incoming communications, urgent papers/instructions.
- Fixing hearings at Court.
- Entering fees and case data on to the LEX system.
- Answering incoming telephone calls and directing calls to members of staff when reception is otherwise engaged.
- Working in the main Clerks’ Room as part of a rota system to receive further training
Applicants must have 2 ‘A’ Levels (Grade C or above) or equivalent qualification. Given the longer term career prospects, graduates are also encouraged to apply.
One Essex Court is an equal opportunities employer.
Working hours over a 4 day week as follows:-
9am-6pm 2 days per week
9am-7pm 1 day per week
8am-8pm 1 day per week Plus 5-day week every 6 weeks at 9am – 6pm
For all enquiries please contact:
ABC Chambers Solutions LLP – 0203 890 8190 3 Waterhouse Square, London EC1N 2SW.
To apply for this role please e-mail a comprehensive CV and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of the team for a confidential discussion:
Elliott Rogers- email@example.com – 0203 890 8198 – 07402 424414
Bill Conner- firstname.lastname@example.org – 0203 890 8198 – 07557 670560
Penny Reason-Martin – email@example.com – 0203 890 8198
Ellen Doughty- firstname.lastname@example.org– 0203 890 8198
All third-party applications will be forwarded to ABC Chambers Solutions.