Vacancy for Junior Clerk Full or part-time. Salary on application.
Reporting to: Senior Clerk
Purpose of the job:
To assist with clerking duties for a team of Barristers at chambers
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Opening post and DX and booking details on computer.
- Distributing briefs highlighted with any urgent dates or special requests or conferences.
- Taking bookings by telephone for members of chambers and advising solicitors on suitable Counsel in conjunction with the Senior Clerk.
- [Assisting with the negotiation of fees].
- Day to day diary management: ensuring that accurate and detailed information is entered into correct diaries.
- Chase instructions, papers etc. on a timely basis, i.e. proactive diary management.
- Preparing fee notes as required.
- Assisting the CFA documentation and Public Access client care letters.
- Liaising with listing departments and solicitors in fixing cases and diary management.
- Keep Members of Chambers proactively informed as to their diaries and papers.
- Assist with the administration of Chambers as and when necessary/appropriate.
- Represent Chambers in a professional, efficient, courteous and friendly manner and act as an ambassador of Chambers at all times.
- To comply with all compliance and Chamber’s policies.
- Take responsibility for own health and safety whilst at work and the health and safety of colleagues and customers.
- Undertake any other duties that are determined as necessary for the needs of the business and are commensurate with the grade of the post.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Barry Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or to
2 Kings Bench Walk
Lower Ground Floor
London, EC4Y 7DE
Tel: 020 7583 0695