Brick Court Chambers is one of the leading sets of Barristers’ Chambers in the UK and a member of the bar magic circle. They have an international reputation in Commercial, EU/Competition and Public Law, with 87 members, including 41 QCs.
Chambers is seeking a Junior Clerk to join their well-regarded team. Reporting to the Head Junior Clerk, they seek applications from highly driven individuals who are keen to progress their career in a set who has ‘a well- deserved reputation for all-round quality’.
Purpose of the role
To contribute to the smooth running of chambers.
- Timetabling and undertaking the preparation, delivery and collection of bundles for court;
- Distribute post received and rank external post;
- Provide a proactive, dynamic and efficient service to all members of Chambers, solicitors and other professional clients at all times;
- Support the Clerks table and work collaboratively with other staff;
- Occasional data entry on the Bar Squared (LEX) management system and the generation of reports from this system as directed;
- Ensure compliance with GDPR by arranging prompt and secure shredding of chambers documents
- Occasionally provide support at Chambers’ events. i.e. setting up for events including moving furniture.
Facilities & Administration
- To support the Finance & Administration Manager in ensuring the smooth running of Chambers. This includes covering reception when required; running errands; ensuring all photocopiers are stocked with paper and toner; water coolers are regularly replenished and light bulbs replaced and any other duties as directed.
- Provide and maintain a first class, courteous and professional service at all times;
- To maintain absolute confidentiality over all matters learnt as a result of employment in Chambers
Education & Qualifications:
Essential: Minimum of 5 GCSEs including maths & English
Desirable: A Levels or equivalent
Experience & Knowledge:
This is a fantastic opportunity for either a school leaver or a barristers’ clerk, relatively new to the role, looking to work for one of the leading commercial chambers and further their career.
Desirable experience includes:
- Experience of working in an office environment;
- Experience of customer service;
- Clerking experience would be desirable but is not an absolute requirement.
Essential Skills & Competencies:
- Good MS Office skills i.e. Outlook, Excel and Word.
- IT literate, able to learn new systems;
- Organised and proactive;
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Essential Personal Qualities:
- Be enthusiastic and keen to develop;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be smartly presented at all times.
- Problem solver;
- Able to work flexibly and be a team player.
This job description and reporting line is indicative and not exhaustive and as such it may vary in line with changes on the team’s objectives and the set policy.
For all enquiries please contact:
ABC Chambers Solutions LLP – 0203 890 8190 3 Waterhouse Square, London EC1N 2SW.
Elliott Rogers- firstname.lastname@example.org – 0203 890 8198 – 07402 424414
Bill Conner- email@example.com – 0203 890 8198 – 07557 670560
Taylor Goodwin- firstname.lastname@example.org -0203 890 8198
Penny Reason-Martin – email@example.com – 0203 890 8198
Ellen Doughty- firstname.lastname@example.org– 0203 890 8198
All third-party applications will be forwarded to ABC Chambers Solutions