We are recruiting for an Office Assistant to join our Administration Team of 5 people. Hardwicke is a modern, established barristers’ chambers based in Lincoln’s Inn in Central London. The position offers an ideal opportunity for entry into practice management or other administrative roles in chambers.
We are looking for enthusiastic, service-driven people who enjoy being part of a team. Hardwicke is a dynamic, fast paced and friendly organisation and the staff team take a pride in delivering an excellent service to our barristers and clients.
The day to day role involves a varied range of administrative and office duties, including:
- Taking barristers’ papers to and from court as required
- Lodging papers/Orders/Skeleton Arguments and other case documents at Court
- Collecting and distributing incoming post and courier deliveries
- Sorting all outgoing post and parcels
- Arranging and logging domestic and international courier collections
- Photocopying volumes of materials for Court
- Carrying out general external messenger duties
- Setting up meeting rooms; moving furniture
- Providing administrative support for mediations
- Covering reception
- Helping out at Hardwicke events
- Other ad hoc office tasks
The skills required for this job include: good administrative skills, accuracy, determination, confidence, a good telephone manner, ability to work on your own and in a team, resilience, a pride in delivering a good service, enthusiasm, energy, good IT skills, a ‘can do’ attitude and a sense of humour.
Please note that this role is reasonably physical and entails a fair amount of lifting of boxes and pushing trolleys. Training on manual lifting will be provided.
We work in a supportive and friendly environment and provide training.
Benefits: 20 days’ holiday + statutory bank holidays. Interest free travel loan (after successful completion of probation) and 4% pension contribution after 3 months.
For more information go to www.hardwicke.co.uk or to make an application to apply, please email email@example.com for an application pack.
For any queries, please speak to Linda McGivern 020 7242 2523.
CVs will not be considered.
We require a minimum of 5 A-C grade GCSEs or equivalent. Applications from graduates encouraged, but not essential.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 16 December 2018
Interviews: week of Monday 17 December 2018
Hardwicke is an equal opportunities employer