Salary & Benefits
£24,000 commensurate with experience, pension after 3 months employment.
21 December 2018
39 Essex Chambers is a leading civil law chambers that specialises across a broad range of areas including Commercial, Construction, Planning and Environmental, Public and Regulatory, and Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Law. 39 Essex Chambers has a very strong reputation and client base both domestically and internationally. It has offices in Singapore and Malaysia.
Candidates should be graduate level. They will be expected to be able to multitask and keep calm under pressure. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential, together with exceptional attention to detail. Previous legal experience is desirable.
- Printing, photocopying and collating of court bundles and other documents.
- Assisting with the returning and destruction of papers.
- Assist with opening post and DX and sort into relevant teams for Practice Managers/Assistant Practice Managers.
- Researching legal authorities.
- Assisting with court errands.
- Assisting the clerks’ and administrative teams generally.
- Dealing with switchboard and transferring to relevant personnel.
- Maintaining the reprographics room, ensuring it is tidy and well stocked.
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested.
Technical work-based skills:
Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook,) – This can be a physically demanding role.
The successful candidate will be innovative, flexible, enjoy working as part of a team but also able to work using their own initiative. They will have the following skills/knowledge and ideally have at least 2 years’ relevant experience:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills – essential
- Able to multitask and operate in a fast-paced and demanding environment – essential
- Ability to research legal authorities – essential
- Flexible and self-motivated, a positive attitude and a team player – essential
- Highly organised, methodical with an attention to detail – essential
- Experience of working in a professional office environment – preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality – essential
- Interest in law – desirable
- Graduate level.
Closing date for applications: 4 pm, Wednesday 23rd January 2019
Apply with a short covering letter and CV to Leonie Jamieson, Personnel Manager, 81 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1DD or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
39 Essex Chambers is an equal opportunities employer.