Salary & Benefits
£23,000 commensurate with experience, pension after 3 months employment.
21 December 2018
39 Essex Chambers is a leading civil law chambers that specialises across a broad range of areas including Commercial, Construction, Planning and Environmental, Public and Regulatory, and Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Law. 39 Essex Chambers has a very strong reputation and client base both domestically and internationally. It has offices in Singapore and Malaysia.
Candidates will be expected to be able to multitask and keep calm under pressure. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential, together with exceptional attention to detail. Previous legal services experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
Assisting with the day to day upkeep of the reception area and conference rooms
- Liaise with clients on the telephone and face to face to a high standard.
- Distributing calls to appropriate departments/barristers to a high standard.
- Stock taking and ordering goods for all of Chambers use. e.g.:- stationery, refreshments
- Assisting with photocopying for barristers, staff and clients.
- Liaising with the facilities department to ensure that Chambers environment is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Organise lunches, drinks etc. for Chambers events
- Assist members of staff in the organising of chambers seminars and parties
- Demonstrate a good standard of time management
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested.
Technical work-based skills:
Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook,) – This can be a physically demanding role.
The successful candidate will be innovative, flexible, enjoy working as part of a team but also able to work using their own initiative. They will have the following skills/knowledge and ideally have at least 2 years’ corporate and relevant experience:
- A good telephone manner – essential
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills – essential
- Able to multitask and operate in a fast-paced and demanding environment – essential
- Flexible and self-motivated, a positive attitude and a team player – essential
- Highly organised, methodical with an attention to detail – essential
- Experience of working in a professional office environment – preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality – essential
- Interest in law – desirable
- At least 4 GCSE’s (9 – 4) including English
Closing date for applications: 4 pm, Wednesday 16th January 2019
Apply with a short covering letter and CV to Leonie Jamieson, Personnel Manager, 81 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1DD or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
39 Essex Chambers is an equal opportunities employer.