POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
BAR STANDARDS BOARD ENTITY REGULATION
SOME THOUGHTS ON THE COMMERCIAL ISSUES
Monday 23rd March 2015 @6pm
Venue: Room 1.1
The Bar Council, 289-293 High Holborn, London WC1V 7HZ
Chair: Martin Griffiths, Jepson Holt Limited and Totuus Consulting, Past Chair of the IBC
Speakers: Nigel Wallis & Mark O’Connor, O’Connors LLP Solicitors
The introduction of Entity regulation by the BSB has significantly changed the landscape for the Bar, giving barristers and chambers a wider choice of business structures and most likely paving the way to the introduction of new and hitherto impossible business models.
While this is, so far, uncharted territory for the Bar, the development of new business models and the introduction of new regulatory regimes is a path down which law firms have already travelled.
Drawing on their experience of advising law firms, Nigel Wallis and Mark O’Connor will discuss some of the commercial issues that barristers and chambers should be considering when setting up an entity.
- Regulation – What has changed and what the opportunities are.
- Structures – The issues to consider when structuring an entity.
- Financials – The importance of running financial models.
- Funding – The issues around funding an entity.
- Alternative Business Structures – The present and future.
- Professional indemnity insurance – The effect of entity regulation.
The seminar will comprise a short presentation followed by an open forum discussion with the opportunity to put questions to the speakers.
to book contact email@example.com
*Free for all IBC Members*
Non-IBC members £30
Refreshments will be served at the conclusion of the seminar.